In addition to funding, North Star Fund provides skills development through workshops in grassroots fundraising, board development, volunteer management, and working with media. We pool resources with a collaborative of other funders--including New York Foundation, Union Square Awards, New York Women's Foundation, Daphne Foundation, Cricket Island Foundation, Mertz Gilmore Foundation and Stonewall Community Foundation--to provide the highest quality resources and workshops to our grantees.
In 2013, North Star Fund is pleased to offer the following workshops to our current grantees:
- Introduction to Evaluation for Direct Service Providers - February 7 Click here to download the registration form
- Introduction to Evaluation for Advocates and Organizers - February 14 Click here to download the registration form
If you are a current grantee and there are topics that the workshops do not cover that would be helpful to your work, please let us know.
- Progressive Funders in New York
- Arts and Social Change Funders Directory from Americans for the Arts
- Technical Assistance Providers
- How Unions and 501c3 Organizations Can Maximize Their Power to Make Policy Change - a publication by Alliance for Justice on frequently asked questions and misconceptions about lobbying and advocacy for nonprofits