More than funding, North Star Fund provides skills development through workshops in grassroots fundraising, board development, volunteer management, working with media. We pool resources with a collaborative of other funders--including New York Foundation, Union Square Awards, New York Women's Foundation, Daphne Foundation and Stonewall Community Foundation--to provide the highest quality resources and workshops to our grantees.
In 2009, North Star Fund is pleased to offer the following workshops to our current grantees:
- Political Engagement - February 24
- Introduction to Proposal Writing - March 11 & 18
- Intermediate Proposal Writing - April 1
- Nonprofit Finances - April 14
- Grassroots Fund Raising - May 11-15
- Board Development - November 4
If you are a current grantee and are interested in any of these workshops, please contact cori schmanke parrish. Information about registration will be available on this website 3-4 weeks in advance of each workshop.
If you are a current grantee and there are topics that are not covered that would be helpful to your work, please let us know.