- Oct 19, 2017
- 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- New York Foundation, 10 E. 34th Street, 10th Floor, Manhattan (Map)
- Type of Event:
- Technical Assistance
- Event Audience
Have you ever said, “I’m not really a numbers person”? or felt that you didn’t know where to begin asking questions about finances because “you don’t know what you don’t know?" If you were to be audited tomorrow, are you confident that you are in compliance with IRS rules and can withstand the scrutiny?
Whether you’re a new E.D. or a veteran or a board member wanting to play your role responsibly, Fun with Financials Training is designed for you. Get the practical and tactical information you need in language you can actually understand.
The goal of this training is to demystify financial information and focus on what you need to know to make informed decisions and build financial health.
This highly interactive training will cover:
Building Financial Health
• How to understand financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, and budget) using your organization’s own reports
• Using financial reports to analyze the current financial health of the organization
• Creating dashboards to monitor financial health
Being Audit Ready All Year Long
• What kinds of records do you need to keep and for how long
• Best practices for internal checks and balances
Developing Budgets & Contingency Plans
• Planning your budgets to grow and use reserves
• Involving staff in the budget process
• What to report to funders
Plus flexibility to cover some topics that YOU choose!
You will also receive a packet of resources and materials to help you take the lessons back to your organization.
At the end of the training, there will be opportunities to sign up for one-on-one assistance with Fun with Financials consultants.
If you’re ready to go to the next level of organizational effectiveness and have fun in the process, click on the registration link above.
We hope to meet you on Thursday, October 19th for Fun with Financials!
This training will be provided by Carol Cantwell and Julie Funke from Fun with Financials, which helps the social justice movement by providing financial tools & training for nonprofits & foundations.
This training is open to grantees of Andrus Family Fund, Brooklyn Community Foundation, Cricket Island Foundation, Daphne Foundation, Korean American Community Foundation, Mertz Gilmore Foundation, New York Foundation, New York Women's Foundation, North Star Fund, NYC Fund for Girls and Young Women of Color, Scherman Foundation, and Stonewall Community Foundation.
Deadline to apply: October 6, 2017. Space is limited. Applicants will be notified of acceptance into the training by October 13, 2017.