- Jun 28, 2017
- 6:30 - 8:30 PM
- North Star Fund
520 Eighth Avenue, 18th Floor
New York, NY (Map)
- Type of Event:
- Donor Activism
- Event Audience
- Donors, Grantees, Peers in Philanthropy
The Resilient Communities Giving Project is a unique opportunity to join fellow community members in a six-month program where we will work together to move money to organizations that are building people power every single day.
The Resilient Communities Giving Project is open to everyone with an interest in social justice. Together, we will expand collective knowledge and analysis of current issues and build fundraising and leadership skills—all while connecting with like-minded New Yorkers. Specifically, you will:
- Learn about and invest in some of the most inspiring, effective social change work in the five boroughs;
- Build community together across backgrounds and identities to address how race, class, and power operate;
- Lead your own grassroots fundraising campaign to move significant resources directly to the individuals, families, and communities who need them most;
- Develop grantmaking skills by participating in site visits to our grantees, decision-making processes, and award calls.
If you are excited about the opportunity and would like to learn more, please join us for the Resilient Communities Giving Project information session on Wednesday, June 28 from 6:30 - 8:30 pm at North Star Fund, 520 Eighth Avenue, 18th Floor. Please bring photo identification to enter the building.
We’re happy to keep you updated even if you can’t attend the session—just take a moment to fill out our Giving Project Interest Form.