- Jan 11, 2018
- 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- New York Foundation, 10 E. 34th Street, 10th Fl., Manhattan (Map)
- Type of Event:
- Technical Assistance
- Event Audience
With changes taking place across our nation, state, and city, many in the nonprofit sector are wondering if and how to start (or continue) pivoting their organization's programs or operations in response.
To prepare for continued funding, legislative, and structural shifts, and to respond to emerging community needs, the New York City Capacity Building Collaborative is offering a free, three-part series on risk assessment and organizational planning for nonprofit leaders.
Facilitated by Community Resource Exchange, this series will help organizations plan for a wide variety of scenarios, including turning risks into opportunities to advance their missions.
This workshop series will help your organization to:
- Assess potential areas of vulnerability or weakness on various aspects of organizational capacity, from strategy to finance
- Identify new opportunities for partnership and programming
- Become better prepared to help your staff and organization respond to new challenges
The training will be conducted by Jeff Ballow and Fiona Kanagasingam of Community Resource Exchange.
Who should sign up?
Senior-level leaders of nonprofit organizations in New York City. Each participating organization will be required to send the same two senior-level staff people to all three sessions. Where appropriate/desired, a Board member may be part of the organization’s team attending this series. Applicants must commit to participating in the full program and complete a pre-engagement survey designed to help the trainers better understand your organization.
Dates and Times:
- Session 1: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Session 2: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Session 3: Thursday, March 8, 2018, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
This training is free to grantees of the Andrus Family Fund, Brooklyn Community Foundation, Cricket Island Foundation, Daphne Foundation, Korean American Community Foundation, Mertz Gilmore Foundation, New York Foundation, New York Women’s Foundation, North Star Fund, Scherman Foundation, and Stonewall Community Foundation.
Deadline to apply: Monday, December 4, 2017. Space is limited. You will be notified of your acceptance into the training.