Other Ways to Give to North Star Fund
There are many ways you can support grassroots organizing for justice and equity in New York City.
- Donate Now
- Become a Sustainer
- Give a Gift of Stock
- Give a Gift using your IRA
- Celebrate Others
- Planned Giving
- Make us your Amazon Smile Recipient
You can put your money to work right away by donating online. Or you can mail your check to:
North Star Fund
520 Eighth Avenue, Suite 1800
New York, NY 10018-6656
If you would like to make arrangements over the phone, please contact Kofo Anifalaje at (212) 620-9110.
The North Star Fund is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit public charity. Contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Become a Sustainer
Join the North Star Fund sustainer program. By setting up a monthly or quarterly donation to North Star Fund through your credit card you are able to support community organizing and activism on a consistent on-going basis. Many companies offer employees a matching gift benefit that can, in effect, double or triple your gift to North Star Fund.
To become a sustainer, please email Kofo Anifalaje, or call her at 212.620.9110.
Give a Gift of Stock
- You can transfer stock or shares in a mutual fund to North Star Fund. For stock transfer instructions, please email cori parrish, Deputy Director of Programs and Operations, at email@example.com.
- North Star Fund will send you an acknowledgement and a receipt for your gift, based on the value of the shares on the date North Star Fund received them. (The deduction is based on the average of the high and low value of the stock on the day North Star received your stock.)
- You receive an income tax deduction for the full market value of your shares and avoid all the capital gains tax that you would have owed had you sold them.
If you would like to learn more about this kind of gift, or if you would like to see a confidential example designed specifically for you, please call 212.620.9110 or email Kofo Anifalaje, Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Celebrate someone special who strives for a New York City that stands for equality, economic justice and peace. And you can commemorate a birthday, a new union, anniversary or holiday with a gift to North Star Fund. North Star Fund will send a special letter to the honoree letting them know a gift has been made in their honor from you.
Deferred gifts can take many forms. Each of the options can increase your gift to North Star Fund and reduce the tax liability of your estate. Build your legacy of support for social justice by including North Star Fund in your will as the recipient of either a fixed amount or percentage of your estate. With help from our expert advisers, we can work with you (and/or your financial adviser) to draft text for your will, or establish a charitable remainder trusts to meet current and future needs, and your philanthropic objectives. Interested? Reach out to Kofo Anifalaje at 212.620.9110.
Name North Star Fund as your “Amazon Smile” Recipient
If you’re a frequent shopper at Amazon.com, you can designate a portion of your purchases ($.50 for every $100 you spend) to go to North Star Fund. To start designating donations for North Star Fund, start at smile.amazon.com and search for us by name.
To learn more, please email cori parrish, or call cori at 212.620.9110.